Marvel: Avengers Alliance Wiki
Advertisement
Groot Icon.png Groot Articles and Topics:
This article is about the Boss. For the playable Hero version, see Groot.


Groot
Gender: Agent Male Gender.png Male
Carries Metal? No
Organization: Guardian Insignia.png Guardians of the Galaxy

Class: Bruisericon.png Bruiser
Health: Bar01.png Bar01.png Bar01.png Bar01.png Bar01.png  5
Stamina: Bar01.png Bar01.png Bar02.png Bar02.png Bar02.png  2
Attack: Bar01.png Bar01.png Bar01.png Bar02.png Bar02.png  3
Defense: Bar01.png Bar01.png Bar01.png Bar01.png Bar02.png  4
Accuracy: Bar01.png Bar01.png Bar02.png Bar02.png Bar02.png  2
Evasion: Bar01.png Bar02.png Bar02.png Bar02.png Bar02.png  1
Initiative: 0
Effects:
Takes 1 action every round.

Bio:
He is Groot...Okay, Groot is the strangest member of the Guardians of the Galaxy... and that's really saying something. A Floral Colossus with a three word vocabulary, he is tremendously strong and nearly immortal. Even if he is blown to pieces, so long as just a twig survives to be replanted, Groot will return. And he even provides refreshing shade on hot summer days.
Appearances
First Marvel: Avengers Alliance Appearance: Special Operations - Runaways: Mission 2 - Into the Fold
First Comic Appearance: Tales to Astonish Vol. 1 #13 (November, 1960) (Marvel Database Page)
Story Appearances
Season 1: None
Season 2: Unknown
Special Operations Appearances
Missions: Spec Ops 25 - Mission 2 (Heroic Battle)
Other Appearances
Daily Missions: None
Simulator: None

Abilities

Flora Colossus Form

Ability Type Target # of Hits Cooldown Effects
I am...GROOT!
(default counter / follow-up)
Melee One Enemy 1 n/a One Enemy
Pressure Points - Has a chance to cause Dizzy, Exposed, Slowed or WeakenedPressure Points - Has a chance to cause Dizzy, Exposed, Slowed or Weakened
 Pressure Points
Self
Thorns (2 rounds) - Successful enemy melee attacks against this target give the attacker Bleeding and immediately Hemorrhage; This effect can be applied 3 timesThorns (2 rounds) - Successful enemy melee attacks against this target give the attacker Bleeding and immediately Hemorrhage; This effect can be applied 3 times
 Thorns
I AM Groot! Debuff One Enemy 1 2 rounds Special Properties
Guaranteed Hit - 100% chance to hit... usuallyGuaranteed Hit - 100% chance to hit... usually
 Guaranteed Hit
Quick Action - Grants an immediate free turn after using; Does not trigger follow-up attacksQuick Action - Grants an immediate free turn after using; Does not trigger follow-up attacks
 Quick Action
One Enemy
Hobbled - Attacks cannot be StealthyHobbled - Attacks cannot be Stealthy
 Hobbled
Broken Will (2 rounds) - Reduces damage done on next attackBroken Will (2 rounds) - Reduces damage done on next attack
 Broken Will
Off-balance (1 round) - Removes and prevents Counter-Attack effectsOff-balance (1 round) - Removes and prevents Counter-Attack effects
 Off-balance
I am Groot! Unarmed Melee One Enemy 1 n/a Special Properties
High Crits - Increased chance of critical hitsHigh Crits - Increased chance of critical hits
 High Crits
I am Groot - 20% Chance to perform a second attack when attacking; Chance increases to 60% against an enemy with Dizzy, Exposed, Slowed, or WeakenedI am Groot - 20% Chance to perform a second attack when attacking; Chance increases to 60% against an enemy with Dizzy, Exposed, Slowed, or Weakened
 I am Groot
One Enemy
Grounded (2 rounds) - Flying characters are no longer immune to Ground attacks; Ignores most evasion effects; Ground attacks are guaranteed to be critical hitsGrounded (2 rounds) - Flying characters are no longer immune to Ground attacks; Ignores most evasion effects; Ground attacks are guaranteed to be critical hits
 Grounded
I AM GROOT! Ground All Enemies 1 3 rounds
Starts cooled down
(2 rounds)
Special Properties
Deadly Crits - Deals extra damage on critical hitsDeadly Crits - Deals extra damage on critical hits
 Deadly Crits
Finest Hour! - Deals extra damage while affected by Agile, Focused, Fortified, and StrengthenedFinest Hour! - Deals extra damage while affected by Agile, Focused, Fortified, and Strengthened
 Finest Hour!
Ground Attack - Ignores most protect and Avoidance effectsGround Attack - Ignores most protect and Avoidance effects
 Ground Attack
Paragon Exploiter - Deals extra damage against targets with Combo Setup, Dizzy, Exposed, Slowed, Stunned or WeakenedParagon Exploiter - Deals extra damage against targets with Combo Setup, Dizzy, Exposed, Slowed, Stunned or Weakened
 Paragon Exploiter


Cutting Form

Ability Type Target # of Hits Cooldown Effects
IIIIIIIIIIIII. Buff Heal All Allies n/a 2 rounds All Allies
Rising Up - Has a chance to gain Focused, Fortified, Agile, or StrengthenedRising Up - Has a chance to gain Focused, Fortified, Agile, or Strengthened
 Rising Up
Self
Reforestation - Restores Groot's Health by 40%Reforestation - Restores Groot's Health by 40%
 Reforestation
IIIIIIIIIIIII? Buff Heal All Allies n/a 2 rounds All Allies
Remove Debuffs - Remove harmful status effects from the targetRemove Debuffs - Remove harmful status effects from the target
 Remove Debuffs
Self
Reforestation - Restores Groot's Health by 30%Reforestation - Restores Groot's Health by 30%
 Reforestation
IIIIIIIIIIIII! Buff Heal All Allies n/a 2 rounds All Allies
Rally (2 rounds) - Next Buff action becomes a Quick ActionRally (2 rounds) - Next Buff action becomes a Quick Action
 Rally
Self
Reforestation - Restores Groot's Health by 20%Reforestation - Restores Groot's Health by 20%
 Reforestation
IIIIIIIIIIIII!? Buff Heal One Ally n/a 2 rounds One Ally
Extra Turn (1 turn) - Taking an extra turnExtra Turn (1 turn) - Taking an extra turn
 Extra Turn
Self
Reforestation - Restores Groot's Health by 10%Reforestation - Restores Groot's Health by 10%
 Reforestation

Gallery

For all Images, Artwork, and Icons (Original and Alternate Uniform versions), see Groot/Gallery.



Advertisement